Sep 10, 2010

Efforts find energy

Today was the best run I've had in quite awhile. The sun was shining, the grass vibrant green, the air crisp and the energy palpable! With feel-good music blasting through my headphones, I had the strongest urge open my arms, throw my head to the sky and arch my back, soaking up every ounce of sunlight ferociously. Due to the passing cars, I resisted - but don't think for one second that I didn't do it in my head.

There's something about this time of year that brings rejuvenation and a pleasant peace. I love Fall, and the way it leads me to tap into my ambition and start new projects. I'm redoing my basement, started a craft group, and when I don't have Gracie I'm back at Karate. Overall, I can't complain. Life is pretty good, and I look forward to the next few months of invigoration, as I stock up for winter.

TODAY'S FOCUS: Although energy is all around us, we have to do our part to go out and get it. We won't find it lying in bed, we won't find it while dragging our feet through our daily tasks, and we certainly won't find it while watching another meaningless tv show. Turn on some great music, open the windows, move your body and invite others to join with you! There's an abundance around every corner, and it can be found through even the smallest efforts.

QUOTE: Our energy is in proportion to the resistance it meets. -William Hazlitt

No comments:

Post a Comment