Apr 24, 2010

Day 4: I am what I am

If you haven't already noticed, this blog is gonna get a little personal. Perhaps I should make my feelings a bit less overt... but why? I'm human and to pretend I'm not is just silly. I have my weaknesses, and I've never had a problem wearing them on my sleeve. They're a part of my story, and they make me who I am. I've found that in sharing my faults with others I have received unexpected strength, support and made true friends along the way. I'm real. They know it, and I know it.

Being so open, however, does leave me completely vulnerable and should leave me uneasy. Yet is doesn't. I shrug my shoulders and think, "I'm not much for judging others. I've always just assumed that others are the same way." I might be wrong, but in the end I'll let people think what they're gonna think, cause I learned a loooong time ago there ain't nothin' I can do about it.

TODAY'S FOCUS: Be real. If you're struggling with something in life, and we ALL are, then share it with another. I choose to share my struggles with the world. :) If I were married, my spouse would be enough. (If you're married, include your spouse and/or a councilor. To refuse either option and confide in another is not only ignoble, but cowardly). If the problem is never acknowledged it can never be fixed, hence, pretending to be impervious does you no favors. Your weaknesses are part of the beautiful you, so throw it all down on the table and let the people in your life love you for YOU, the good as well as the bad!

QUOTE: "Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be, because sooner or later, if you are posing, you will forget the pose, and then where are you?" - Fanny Brice

No comments:

Post a Comment