Apr 25, 2010

Day 5: Refocusing to choose the greater good.

True faith is a principle of action. It's deeper than mere belief and always moves its holder to physical and/or mental action. Knowing this, I resolved a few months ago to become a woman of greater action. I must admit that in doing so, I think I've taken on a little too much, and am running faster than I have strength. I'm beginning to feel worn down and slightly exhausted.

Today I spent a lot of mental energy evaluating where I spend my time and energy on a daily basis - which actions need to persist and which I need to discontinue. I do a lot of "good" things, but I'm realizing that I'm so preoccupied with the good that I'm often neglecting the "great." There is only so much time in one day, and my efforts can only be focused on so many things at once. I need to tackle that which matters most, so my efforts aren't going to waste.


Having said that, this post will be short and sweet. One "great" thing I've been neglecting lately is sleep. It's time I refocus on my health, and give my body what it deserves.

TODAY'S FOCUS: Be picky with your time. Be picky with whom you're sharing it with - for lost time can never be found again. Focus on that which yields the greatest ROI and check yourself often, insuring you maintain an acute focus on the greater goals, avoiding the pitfall of settling for that which is simply "good."

QUOTE: “It is not so much the major events as the small day-to-day decisions that map the course of our living. … Our lives are, in reality, the sum total of our seemingly unimportant decisions and of our capacity to live by those decisions” - President Gordon B. Hinckley.

No comments:

Post a Comment