Jul 6, 2010

Day 77: Strength in a small success

It's 10pm, and in this moment there's nothing I want more than a bowl of chili. Really? Chili? Chocolate or popcorn would be understandable... but chili? Being void of hunger, I guess I'll practice a little self-control and push past my craving.

And there you have it. The mode of my entire day. An hour hasn't gone by without my implementing logic in an effort to maintain perspective and conquer my cravings and emotions. I've spent the majority of today reminding myself that going slow with Stellar-Steve isn't a bad thing, and taking time never hurt anyone. My emotions disagree.

Still. Chili is on my mind, and I salivate at the very thought of it. I will resist and bask in my success, trusting that if I can conquer the small and trivial I can conquer the large and momentous.

TODAY'S FOCUS: Master the little things. Minute victories provide the strength and confidence that leads to grand triumph and, likewise, failure in the small things precede failure in the large. Next time you hear yourself saying, "A little won't hurt..." think again.

QUOTE: "Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves." -Dale Carnegie

No comments:

Post a Comment