May 5, 2010

Day 15: Fail better

I've been advised to beware of "sexual anorexia" because it's always followed by a binge. "How do I avoid it?" I asked. Answer: Practice having healthy male friendships; men I can just hang out with, the same way I would women. So, today, that's exactly what I tried. ("Tried" being the operative word).

A "friend" and I hung out at Barnes & Noble then, because we were both famished, we went to dinner. It wasn't meant to be a date... but that's pretty much how it ended up. We've been friends for 6 months, but by the end of the night it felt like a little more, and we both realized that being just friends is not currently feasible. I tested myself tonight, and I failed. So... perhaps anorexia is the healthy choice after-all. For now.

I have a need for perfectionism, and am left disappointed in myself. I slipped in my challenge - and only two weeks into it. Then again, the whole point was to do better than my last 90 days, and the very fact that I quickly caught, corrected and cut off my error is an improvement. I'm still failing... but I'm failing better. :)

TODAY'S FOCUS: Keep trying. ... Keep trying.

QUOTE: "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." -Samuel Beckett

No comments:

Post a Comment