May 29, 2010

Day 39: Don't just endure... enjoy

Day 2 in Vegas. Yes, yes - I know it's crazy that I've even come to Vegas with Stellar-Steve... but it's Memorial Day weekend.. how could I resist? He has the weekend off, I'm without my daughter, and we both thought it would make for some fun memories. We were right. (No worries, all has been kept respectful and pure. Don't pretend you weren't wondering).

Tonight we saw Phantom of the Oprah, which was the main reason we even came down here. I've never seen it, so Steve surprised me with tickets. IN. Credible. That's all I have to say. I think I have a new favorite song... "All I Ask Of You". Sobs. SOBS. (By "sobs" I mean many tears, not to be confused with S.O.B.'s). Google the lyrics. It captures my emotions perfectly.

I'm so glad I decided to come to Vegas! I kept trying to find reasons to talk myself out of it... then it hit me: Why shouldn't I go? I DESERVE to go. Last week a friend told me, "Enjoy life. You've been through a lot these last six months. Now take some time to enjoy life." That's exactly what I'm doing.

TODAY'S FOCUS: Enjoy life. This is not to say be stupid and careless, rather step outside of the victim role, let go of any self-pity or martyrdom and enjoy what life has to offer. Find a healthy balance between work and play, then go for it, reminding yourself that you're worth it. We each deserve to enjoy life - but whether or not we do is up to us.

QUOTE: "Life is not meant to be endured, but enjoyed." -Hubert H. Humphrey

No comments:

Post a Comment