May 16, 2010

Day 26: When life gives you lemons

NOTHING went as planned today, and I was on the brink of frustration as I experienced one "plan B" after another. No worries - I pushed past it. (the frustration, not the plan B).

To begin my day, I didn't plan on going to stake conference, but at the last minute I got ready and headed out the door. I had no time to put Gracie's shoes on, so I took them with me. I didn't plan on them being so small, but apparently she's grown a little (imagine that), so I had to let her run around with bare feet, which surely won me "mother-of-the-year." I didn't plan on leaving half-way through the meeting but Gracie insisted. I didn't plan on driving to my grandmother's house so early, but Gracie fell asleep so it was an optimal time for the one-hour drive. I didn't plan on arriving just minutes after grandma left for church, and I certainly didn't plan on waiting 3 hours for her return, but that's exactly what I did. I didn't plan on buying lunch, but we were famished. I didn't plan on Subway saying "no" to American Express, nor did I plan on the munificent man behind me paying for my meal while I rummaged through my purse for cash. I didn't plan to spend the next two hours at the park, and I didn't plan on enjoying the scenic view and serene atmosphere - but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I didn't plan on the extra hours of chasing, laughing, squealing and kissing my little angel, free from any worldly distraction. I didn't plan it, but I relished every second of it.

Nothing went as planned, and I'm so grateful.

TODAY'S FOCUS:
Life happens, so roll with the punches and make the most of it. Consider the trials you've experienced, the foiled hopes and plans for the future, then remind yourself that success is not determined by your ability to execute plan A, rather your ability to adjust to plan B.

QUOTE: "I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination." -Jimmy Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment