May 20, 2010

Day 30: Thoughts are things

Today was wonderful! I was fully immersed in productivity, and enjoyed every second of it. My girlfriend invited me to join in her business, and today we spent over an hour on the phone, personally, with the CEO and founder of the company - a woman of true inspiration. She founded the company immediately after her own divorce, with $7 in her pocket and literally nothing left to lose. Ten years later, she has sold over $300,000,000 in product and is thriving. Fascinating! Her story left me in complete awe and admiration. Not so much because she's a successful business woman, but because she was a divorcee who had every right to curl in a ball and complain about the hand she had been dealt - but instead she rose above, grabbed life by the horns and shook the crap out of it. :) ... If I could be half that woman!

As I left my girlfriend's home I noticed myself walking a little taller, breathing a little deeper and striding a little longer. I was consumed with positive energy, and felt the feeling of success - as if it were already mine. I was reminded of the importance of doing activities that produce the feelings you desire, because what you feel is what you attract, and what you attract is what you become. This is why I often force myself to go running, because I know it will create the feelings needed to push past my gloom. This is why I have my accountability chart, so I'll force myself to do things throughout my day that create feelings of success and productivity, of peace and control.

TODAY'S FOCUS: As explained in "The Secret"... pay attention to how you FEEL, because your feelings are a clear indicator of the path you're on. If you always feel worried, fearful and doubtful, your life experiences will run parallel to those feelings. Alternatively, if you feel happy, successful and fulfilled you will attract those very things into your life. By adjusting your feelings, corresponding results will follow, so ask yourself how you want to feel, then do something that generates those feelings.

Remember... thoughts create feelings. Control your thoughts, control your feelings... control your feelings, control your life. (I think I skipped a step or two, but I'm tired. You get the idea).

QUOTE: "All that we are is the result of what we have thought." -Buddha

4 comments:

  1. Thoughts are powerful

    Without the thoughts of our grandparents, we would have never had parents, who would have never had us.

    http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/New+soul/2z28Hs

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. I'm loving your daily songs - a great way to begin my day, with a happy song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, that's what it's all about! Make someone smile or feel a little better, that's all.

    I really like your posts, by the way, and get a lot out of reflecting on some of the things you write about. It's a different perspective, and that's probably the best medicine right now to get through this time in my life. And please know that I'm not a stalker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thanks. I write for my sanity, to beheld accountable, and to help others - yet I'm surprised at how many people read this every day. No worries... I know you're stalking lol. (And I'm sure I'll see ya at the next meet-up).

    ReplyDelete