May 8, 2010

Day 18: Gratitude. Don't leave home without it.

Today was incredible! I started my day with a 5K "race for the cure," at the Gateway. I was supporting my amazing aunt Jan, who is a survivor of breast cancer. At the end, all the survivors walked in a parade and gathered for a group picture. It was incredibly moving and took all I had to keep from crying.

While the band played "Thank You for Being a Friend," doves were released, and as they flew overhead I finally gave in, allowing tears to flow. (I'm such a boob). They circled 3 or 4 times above the courtyard before finding their way out of the area, all the while my tears silently dripping from my cheeks. Inspirational, to say the least. These women who have fought for their lives - survivors! My trials are nothing.

My night was spent with incredible friends, who took me to the Roof for my birthday. Yep - today was my (first) 29th birthday. My heart is so full! I planned on spending the day alone, so their kindness left me overflowing with emotion. The view was spectaular and the energy welcomed! The piano set a great mood while we spent, literally, hours talking, eating, and laughing.

I am so grateful for good friends.

TODAY'S FOCUS: Be grateful. This principle, alone, is saving. Gratitude births desire. Desire to be better, desire to give more, desire for greater things and further righteousness. Once you have a desire, greatness is yours to be had. Gratitude cultivates reverence and gives way to abundance. It proves a beautiful past, invites peace for today, and gives hope and reason for tomorrow. It preserves old friendships and invites new. Gratitude serves as a foundation, nurturing the development of every other worthy virtue.

QUOTE: "When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears." - Anthony Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment