May 7, 2010

Day 17: Sacraficing love ... for love.

Today it hit me. I could be single for a long time. A LONG time. I know exactly what I want in a man, and to actually find that... well... it ain't gonna happen overnight.

The beauty of divorce is that I get a second chance to find my "perfect mate," only THIS time I have a crystal clear image of what I want. I know what I must have and I know what I absolutely will not put up with. This has made it so easy to write off men I would have found of interest 10 years ago. Funny how time and experience change us.

As I review my list of qualities in a husband, I feel a tinge of excitement, knowing that there IS a man out there like that. There's GOT to be! Maybe there aren't many, but all I need is one. ;) Finding "the one," however, can feel like a race, or a scavenger hunt and is easy to be consumed in. This is one of the many reasons I'm trying not to date.

I trust that as I'm living right, our paths will cross... but until then I'll worry less about him and more about me. I'm right here, preparing. Preparing, not seeking. Until I'm READY to commit again - until I'm ready for marriage - I'm not sure I have much business dating. For now, I must sacrifice love so I can eventually find true-love.

TODAY'S FOCUS: If you're not ready to consider marriage or you're not truly interested in marrying a specific person, why encourage him or her to need you, and why ask them to meet your needs emotionally or physically? It's selfish and only ends in heartache. (I'm guilty)

Decide what you want in a future spouse, then choose to date only those that have those qualities. Not only will you save heartache and time, but you'll never settle in whom you marry. As you refuse the easy path and, instead, seek to date those with your same standards - then TRUE love will find you.

QUOTE: "Mortal love is when sensuality is satisfied. True love is when love is sacrificed." -David K. Leung

No comments:

Post a Comment