May 31, 2010

Day 41: BE the right person

A day away from Stellar-Steve? I think not. (Are you sensing a pattern)? Today we spent some time at the shooting range, went to lunch, relaxed for a couple hours, then ran a few miles together. I'm so comfortable with him, and feel myself changing; trusting. He emits a quiet confidence and strength, which envelopes me with a sense of peace and protection. He's a good man. A great man. The decisions he's made throughout his life attest to it.


I didn't expect this. Not now. Not so soon. I had a 90-day plan. Heck, I had a 1 year plan! I wasn't even ready to date, yet alone share my heart - yet this is happening too naturally to deny. I've discovered a happiness and strength within that was nonexistent just two weeks ago. It's not a false strength found by leaning on him, rather a strength that stirs me to inner-excellence because I'm aware of his greatness, and long to be equally yoked.

TODAY'S FOCUS: Perhaps healing isn't always about the right circumstance or the right timing, rather the right support... the right person. Healing is not a destination, it's a journey, and along the way great people will enter, but the best seem to arrive when we're striving to be our best. By that point it's no-longer about someone who completes you, rather someone who compliments you.

"You complete me" (albeit romantic), lends to the idea that one is relying on another to compensate where they lack, which is necessary to some degree but too often taken advantage of. To "compliment," on the other hand, consists of cooperation and collaboration, in the manner which fine wine is paired with a beautiful meal. Though both may be complete and wonderful alone (I hear), when properly paired, each is magnified in greatness.

QUOTE: "Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

No comments:

Post a Comment