Jun 9, 2010

Day 50: Great haste makes great waste

Despite today's beautiful weather, leaving the house was the last thing I wanted to do. I simply felt too busy, and found myself inside working hard to get "important" things done, when Stellar-Steve called. An hour later, Gracie and I were in Salt Lake, with new-found energy, meeting him for lunch. Afterward we walked around Temple Square, or rather chased Gracie around temple square. It was so entertaining to watch her pick up her little knees like a trotting pony, as she ran giggling from one flower to the next, always looking back to ensure I was following after her.

I'm so grateful Steve took the time to meet us for lunch, as it not only got me out of the house, but also produced a tender memory. The weather was ideal, the environment comforting and the company nonpareil. To slow down and watch Gracie run and explore touched my heart, and sharing those moments with Steve only compounded my joy and certainly created an afternoon to remember, in all it's perfection.

TODAY'S FOCUS: Don't let a beautiful day pass you by. Slow down (or get going) and enjoy the sun! Even if the most you can do is sit on your porch or walk to the mailbox, take a few minutes to enjoy the sun and admire the beauty of the Earth. Chances are you'll be invegorated and find energy that was nonexistent only minutes prior.

QUOTE: "Take time for all things; great haste makes great waste." -Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment