Jun 16, 2010

Day 57: Each gift is a gift. Use it.

I just got back from meeting with the youth group, where we reviewed a skit I wrote for this year's girl's camp. It was a hit, and the girls seemed to love it, lifting a huge burden from my shoulders. Amusing teenagers is always a feat so, when accomplished, it's pretty gratifying. You could say I have a gift... but then again... I couldn't have written it without the help of my little sister and Stellar-Steve, so perhaps I don't have a gift after-all. lol (I can't argue, however, that Steve does! Who knew that I was dating such a creative writer?!) Regardless, I'm just happy it's off my mind and received well.

Shortly after my divorce I spent weeks pondering my gifts and talents, mulling over what direction to take life and how to incorporate them. I still don't have any answers. lol. It was an interesting experience, and I've become fairly aware of the gifts I have and those I would like to develop. One thing's apparent, I'm Jack of many trades, master of none. Perhaps someday...

TODAY'S FOCUS: Discerning our personal gifts is essential if we are to experience harmony in our lives. Recognize the talents you have been blessed with, then use those talents in the most fulfilling way you can envision. They are a part of you, and to deny them is to deny what makes you... you.

QUOTE: "When we talk about being true to ourselves, being the person we are intended to be, we are talking about gifts. We can not be ourselves unless we are true to our gifts." -Elizabeth o'Conner

1 comment:

  1. I know all too well how you feel being a "Jack of many trades, master of none." That's my life in a nutshell... :)

    ReplyDelete