Jun 15, 2010

Day 56: Common vision produces uncommon results

During our run tonight, Stellar-Steve said, "I love running with you because you push me and make me better." I smiled inside as I thought to myself, "I push you? I wouldn't even be running today if it weren't for you, so who's really helping who?"

This is the very pattern that has left me in awe. In dating him, I constantly feel I got the better end of the deal, only to discover that he feels the same way about me. I'm stupefied at his admiration of me, which is so inflated I fear there's no way I won't fail him. Turns out he feels the same way, regarding my admiration of him. Despite these concerns, I'm intrigued how over the last few weeks our "human" sides have been revealed, yet our admiration of one-another has only grown deeper. Our mutual goals unite the desires of our heart and produce joint efforts toward our shared vision. I guess this is what it feels like to be equally yoked. Now that I know, I will never go back.

TODAY'S FOCUS: To be "unequally yoked" is a term used in the bible, referring to the wooden beam linked at the neck of two oxen, or horses. If they were “unequally yoked” or unbalanced, they could not work well as a team, as one would pull most of the weight himself, and the other lag behind, resulting in a sore neck. In being equally yoked, or balanced, the load was shared and each did their individual part, producing the most efficient results.

Take a moment to consider one area in which you may unequally yoked, due to your own falling behind, with a spouse, family member, friend or co-worker. Take today to focus on improving, then try again tomorrow. When equally yoked, those with common vision are sure to produce uncommon results, and the ordinary is transformed into the extraordinary.

QUOTE: "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success." -Henry Ford

1 comment:

  1. It's so much easier to be in a relationship with someone who you are equally yoked with! However, there are a few other relationships that I feel as if I'm the one making all the effort, and it's exhausting! Thanks for these thoughts - and I love that site for all the quotes! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete