Jun 24, 2010

Day 66: To magnify happiness - share it

Tonight I caught a glimpse of the little girl inside my baby, and was left in absolute awe. She is growing so quickly, and the joy she brings me is incommunicable. We just got back from the fair, where we spent a great night with friends and she enjoyed her first ride ever - cars. As I sat her down, she immediately latched to the steering wheel and looked up in pride, smiling while showing off her mad steering skills. The ride began and I would cheer and clap each time she'd pass, then watch her face light up and follow me as far as her little neck could rotate. Her smile was priceless and her excitement in finding me with each rotation left tears in my eyes. My heart took a picture, and I thought to myself, "I will never forget this moment," followed immediately by, "I only wish Stellar-Steve were here to share it."

I had a wonderful time with my friends, but there's something to be said about sharing life's greatest moments with someone you love.

TODAY'S FOCUS: We need each-other. We need friendship. We need love. God never intended for man to be alone and, it seems, we've been given one another to amplify our happiness and consummate our joy.

In sharing life with another, good is magnified into great, and joy is transformed into exuberance. We find solace in moments of sorrow and synergy in moments of happiness. All things are better with love... and that, alone, makes love worth the risk. Not just any love or any risk, but a worthy love and righteous risk.

QUOTE: “Happiness is like a kiss... you must share it to enjoy it." -Bernard Meltzer

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Stellar Steve has found a place in your heart. It is nice to share those fantastic moments with someone you love. Great thought.

    ReplyDelete