Jun 20, 2010

Day 61: A healthy body cultivates a healthy mind

It's official: I feel like garbage. I've neglected my health these past few weeks, and it's starting to catch up to me. My energy is depleted and the lack of sleep has left me with excruciating muscle-tension and incessant headaches. (And I wonder why I'm so irritable). Speaking of irritable... my clothes have gotten tighter. That's irritating. Surely it can't be from the unremitting social-eating I've indulged in. Nope. Must be the dryer.

It's time to refocus and return to the Natalie that exercises hard, eats healthy and sleeps long. Ok... maybe not long, but going to bed before midnight would be a welcomed change. I need to resume my good habits and catch-up on that which I've put off - starting with my health. I'm the type that will postpone responsibilities just to spend one more minute with the one I love. I did it in marriage, and I'm doing it in dating. I'm not proud of this habit, and it's one I need to break, hence, I'm taking an entire week away from Stellar-Steve. Don't get me wrong, he's great for me, but I know my faults and need to learn how to continue life even while falling in love. Drastic? Perhaps, but that's how I roll. (I'm hoping he'll benefit from the "time-off" as well). Tomorrow will be the first day in over a month that we've gone without seeing each-other. Woe is me.

I keep reminding myself that a little discipline never hurt anyone and, though my heart might ache, my mind and body will thank me. So will my skinny-jeans. Wish me luck.

TODAY'S FOCUS: Treat your body with respect, for it truly is the temple that houses your spirit. There is an undeniable link between physical health and spiritual development, hence when we impair our physical health by foolish choices, our spirit suffers as well. Optimal living demands optimal health, so take control of your body and start enjoying the benefits now, one day at a time.

QUOTE: "To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear." -Buddha

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the guilt trip! ;) Actually, since the birth of my 3rd baby (who is now 3 months old!) my body has felt so lazy! I know that having a baby is a wonderful thing, but it's hard to have restrictions, and worse to feel blechy about yourself when you look in the mirror! I've got to quit eating like I'm pregnant still (which means that ice cream cannot be my dinner!) and do better. Thanks for giving me a little push! I really do need it! Good luck this week w/out your man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're going after just three months then you're doing a lot better than I did after my baby! Thank-goodness for Summer weather to help motivate. :)

    ReplyDelete