Jun 21, 2010

Day 62: Defeat isn't bitter if you don't swallow it.

My little Gracie just went to bed... or so I think. I give her 10 minutes before she's ready to play. Call me a bad momma, but tonight that's just not gonna happen. (I'd better type fast).

Today has not been one of my finer days, to say the least. Though I was a great mother, it seems everything else was thrown into complete mayhem. Gracie's room was hit by a small tornado and officially shares the acrid smell of the nearby landfill. (Mental note to self: air it out tomorrow). I'm in awe at the day's damage, made manifest in every room of the house. (There she goes, throwing her bottle on the floor. I have 3 minutes before she starts crying. Type faster). As I sit here typing, two reese's cups wait patiently at my side, begging my attention. Insidious little guys. I must resist.

I'll cut this pity-party short, but trust me when I say the day has been long. In this moment I feel defeated, but I stubbornly refuse to let one bad day spoil an incredible month. I'm going to bed, trusting that tomorrow will be better. (If this is what I can expect every day without Stellar-Steve, then it's gonna be an awfully long week)!

TODAY'S FOCUS: As the proverb goes, "Defeat isn't bitter if you don't swallow it." Regardless of what a bad day might bring, if you can look to tomorrow with hope, then you're not defeated at all. Resist the urge to surrender to a bitter moment, and trust that tomorrow you'll emerge stronger for enduring it.

QUOTE: "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved.” -Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment